Wacky Science Day Camp
November 29 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
On November 29, 2019, we will get wacky and crazy for science! Bring your kids to Wacky Science Day Camp to try out some cool experiments, crazy crafts and play fun games all the while learning about science. We will be making it rain, making stick figures dance, creating lava lamps, making flubber slime, turning surface tension into art and so much more. We will also be treating the kids to a movie – Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.
Schedule for the Day:
- Drop Off Begins at 8:00 A.M
- Morning Craft Activities Begin at 9:00 A.M.
- Morning Snack 10:00 A.M.: apple slices, yogurt, oatmeal cookie, and juice – provided
- Lunch 11:30: Parents are required to pack a lunch for their children
- Afternoon Activities Begin at 12:30 PM
- Afternoon Snack 2:00 P.M.: Popcorn and juice – provided
- Pick-up: 4:00 P.M.
- We need a minimum of 5 students to run the day camp and have a maximum capacity of 30 students.
- Children between the ages of 5 and 12 will be given first priority, however, exceptions will be made for siblings on a case-by-case basis depending on availability of space.
- A registration form must be filled out for each child and returned to us with a deposit or payment in full to guarantee your spot. If your child has participated in a past P.D. Day Camp, there is no need to fill out the registration form a second time, simply contact Skylor to reserve your spot.
- You may reserve space for your child(ren) for our upcoming Day Camps by submitting a deposit of $10 per student per camp day.
- The St. John’s Heritage Church & Arts Centre does not have regular business hours, but we will be available to meet with you at your convenience for registration purposes.
- If you have any questions, please contact Skylor Mitchell at 204-213-0304.
We want to provide a safe, fun day for your children while the school is closed for Professional Development Day. Our volunteers for the day will undergo criminal record checks and have experience working with children. We will have 5 to 6 volunteers on hand for the day; if you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please feel free to contact Skylor Mitchell.
It is also important to note that the St. John’s Heritage Church & Arts Centre is no longer a church. The building was deconsecrated in 2018 and now operates as a community space for all to enjoy. All activities taking place at this Heritage Building are secular in nature.