Secret Life of Pets Day Camp
October 4, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
The St. John’s Heritage Church & Arts Centre is pleased to welcome a new line-up of events for the community of Lac du Bonnet by hosting P.D. Day Camps!
Our first Day Camp will be held on October 4, 2019. Our theme for the day is The Secret Life of Pets. Day campers will be invited to adopt a plush pet and then partake in craft activities where they will create some of the basic needs of their new friend. Our arts and crafts will include creating a blanket, a pet house, a collar and food dishes for their new plushy friend. In the afternoon, your child can sit back and enjoy watching The Secret Life of Pets 2 movie with popcorn and juice. If available, we will also have a surprise visit from a local animal shelter who will speak about responsible pet ownership and bring a pet or two along for the kids to interact with.
Schedule for the Day:
- Drop Off Begins at 8:00 A.M, your child will be invited to adopt their pet upon arrival
- Morning Craft Activities Begin at 9:00 A.M.
- Morning Snack 10:00 A.M.: apple slices, yogurt, oatmeal cookie, and juice – provided
- Lunch 11:30: Parents are required to pack a lunch for their children
- Afternoon Activities Begin at 12:30 PM
- Afternoon Snack 2:00 P.M.: popcorn and juice during the movie – provided
- Pick-up: 4:00 P.M.
- We need a minimum of 5 students to run the day camp and have a maximum capacity of 30 students.
- Children between the ages of 5 and 12 will be given first priority, however, exceptions will be made for siblings on a case-by-case basis depending on availability of space.
- A registration form must be filled out for each child and returned to us with a deposit or payment in full to guarantee your spot.
- You may reserve space for your child(ren) for our upcoming Day Camps by submitting a deposit of $10 per student per camp day.
- The St. John’s Heritage Church & Arts Centre does not have regular business hours, but we will be available to meet with you at your convenience for registration purposes.
- If you have any questions, please contact Skylor Mitchell at 204-213-0304.
We want to provide a safe, fun day for your children while the school is closed for Professional Development Day. Our volunteers for the day will undergo criminal record checks and have experience working with children. We will have 5 to 6 volunteers on hand for the day; if you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please feel free to contact Skylor Mitchell.
It is also important to note that the St. John’s Heritage Church & Arts Centre is no longer a church. The building was deconsecrated in 2018 and now operates as a community space for all to enjoy. All activities taking place at this Heritage Building are secular in nature.