My Girl | Bambi | The Con is On
August 8, 2019 @ 12:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Join us for Movie Days! at St. John’s Heritage Church & Arts Centre.
Every week we’ll be bringing new great titles to the screen for the entire family to enjoy. This is part of a fundraising initiative to keep the doors of the former St. John’s Anglican Church open as a Community Space for all to enjoy.
Movies are $5.00 per show and the canteen will be open with tons of movie refreshments for you to choose from!
My Girl 1:00 PM
Get nostalgic with this family drama from 1991.
Tomboy Vada Sultenfuss (Anna Chlumsky) has good reason to be morbid: her mother died giving birth to her, and her father (Dan Aykroyd) operates a funeral service out of their home. The other kids think she’s a freak, and it certainly doesn’t help that her best friend, Thomas J. Sennett (Macaulay Culkin), is a boy. To make matters worse, Vada is desperately in love with her English teacher, Mr. Bixler (Griffin Dunne). What’s an 11-year-old girl to do?
Bambi 4:00 PM
Grab the kids, and the hankies, for this classic family favourite.
In this Disney classic, a young deer named Bambi joins his new friends, a rabbit named Thumper and a skunk named Flower, in exploring his forest home. As a boy, he learns from his doting mother and his father, The Great Prince of the Forest, that there are dangers in the open meadows where hunters can spot the animals, and he meets a beautiful young doe named Faline. As Bambi grows up, he learns that there is tragedy, as well as beauty and joy in his forest world and on the path to adulthood.
The Con is On 7:00 PM
In an effort to avoid paying off a massive gambling debt to a notorious mobster in England, two badly behaved con artists flee to Los Angeles, where they hatch a convoluted plot to steal jewels.
- Doors will open half an hour before the listed start time.
- Tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Seating capacity for Movie Days! is 50.
- Tickets are $5.00 per person, per movie.
- The Canteen will be available for refreshments. Please, no outside food or drink.
- For extra comfort, please bring pillows or blankets to cushion the 113-year-old church pews.
- Children 11 and under must be accompanied by an adult or older sibling.