Movie Days! October 24
October 24, 2019 @ 4:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Join us for Movie Days! at St. John’s Heritage Church & Arts Centre.
Every week we’ll be bringing new great titles to the screen for the entire family to enjoy. This is part of a fundraising initiative to keep the doors of the former St. John’s Anglican Church open as a Community Space for all to enjoy.
Movies are $5.00 per show and the canteen will be open with tons of movie refreshments for you to choose from!
Night of the Living Dead – 1990 (Horror)
Thursday, October 24 – 5:00 PM
For reasons unknown, the recently deceased are rising from the grave as flesh-hungry zombies. Fleeing from the undead horde, a small group of survivors, including Barbara (Patricia Tallman), Ben (Tony Todd) and Harry (Tom Towles), sequester themselves in a remote farmhouse. With the zombies outside the house multiplying, tensions flare, as the group argues over the best way to escape their increasingly dire situation before they are overrun completely.
Psycho – 1960 (Psychological Thriller/Horror)
Thursday, October 24 – 7:30 PM
Phoenix secretary Marion Crane (Janet Leigh), on the lam after stealing $40,000 from her employer in order to run away with her boyfriend, Sam Loomis (John Gavin), is overcome by exhaustion during a heavy rainstorm. Travelling on the back roads to avoid the police, she stops for the night at the ramshackle Bates Motel and meets the polite but highly strung proprietor Norman Bates (Anthony Perkins), a young man with an interest in taxidermy and a difficult relationship with his mother.
- Doors will open half an hour before the listed start time.
- Tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Seating capacity for Movie Days! is 50.
- Tickets are $5.00 per person, per movie.
- The Canteen will be available for refreshments. Please, no outside food or drink.
- For extra comfort, please bring pillows or blankets to cushion the 113-year-old church pews.
- Children 11 and under must be accompanied by an adult or older sibling.