Movie Days! October 10
October 10, 2019 @ 4:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Join us for Movie Days! at St. John’s Heritage Church & Arts Centre.
Every week we’ll be bringing new great titles to the screen for the entire family to enjoy. This is part of a fundraising initiative to keep the doors of the former St. John’s Anglican Church open as a Community Space for all to enjoy.
Movies are $5.00 per show and the canteen will be open with tons of movie refreshments for you to choose from!
Spider-man: Far From Home – 2019 (Action/Adventure)
Thursday, October 10 – 5:00 PM
Peter Parker’s relaxing European vacation takes an unexpected turn when Nick Fury shows up in his hotel room to recruit him for a mission. The world is in danger as four massive elemental creatures — each representing Earth, air, water and fire — emerge from a hole torn in the universe. Parker soon finds himself donning the Spider-Man suit to help Fury and fellow superhero Mysterio stop the evil entities from wreaking havoc across the continent.
The Sting – 1973 (Comedy/Drama)
Thursday, October 10 – 7:30 PM
Following the murder of a mutual friend, aspiring con man Johnny Hooker (Robert Redford) teams up with old pro Henry Gondorff (Paul Newman) to take revenge on the ruthless crime boss responsible, Doyle Lonnegan (Robert Shaw). Hooker and Gondorff set about implementing an elaborate scheme, one so crafty that Lonnegan won’t even know he’s been swindled. As their big con unfolds, however, things don’t go according to plan, requiring some last-minute improvisation by the undaunted duo.
- Doors will open half an hour before the listed start time.
- Tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Seating capacity for Movie Days! is 50.
- Tickets are $5.00 per person, per movie.
- The Canteen will be available for refreshments. Please, no outside food or drink.
- For extra comfort, please bring pillows or blankets to cushion the 113-year-old church pews.
- Children 11 and under must be accompanied by an adult or older sibling.