Bedknobs and Broomsticks/Christopher Robin/Captive State
July 25 @ 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Join us for Movie Days! at St. John’s Heritage Church & Arts Centre.
Every week we’ll be bringing new great titles to the screen for the entire family to enjoy. This is part of a fundraising initiative to keep the doors of the former St. John’s Anglican Church open as a Community Space for all to enjoy.
Movies are $5.00 per show and the canteen will be open with tons of movie refreshments for you to choose from!
Bedknobs and Broomsticks 1:00 PM
During the Battle of Britain, Miss Eglantine Price (Angela Lansbury), a cunning witch-in-training, decides to use her supernatural powers to defeat the Nazi menace. She sets out to accomplish this task with the aid of three inventive children who have been evacuated from the London Blitz. Joined by Emelius Brown (David Tomlinson), the head of Miss Price’s witchcraft training correspondence school, the crew uses an enchanted bed to travel into a fantasy land and foil encroaching German troops.
Christopher Robin 4:00 PM
Christopher Robin — now a family man living in London — receives a surprise visit from his old childhood pal, Winnie-the-Pooh. With Christopher’s help, Pooh embarks on a journey to find his friends — Tigger, Eeyore, Owl, Piglet, Rabbit, Kanga and Roo. Once reunited, the lovable bear and the gang travel to the big city to help Christopher rediscover the joy of life.
Captive State 7:00 PM
After 10 years of extraterrestrial occupation, residents of Chicago must decide whether to continue to live under alien rule or support the resistance. When young Gabriel Drummond joins the insurgency, he soon finds himself under careful scrutiny from a shadowy figure who’s trying to crush the rebellion and its plans for freedom.
- Doors will open half an hour before the listed start time.
- Tickets are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Seating capacity for Movie Days! is 50.
- Tickets are $5.00 per person, per movie.
- The Canteen will be available for refreshments. Please, no outside food or drink.
- For extra comfort, please bring pillows or blankets to cushion the 113-year-old church pews.
- Children 11 and under must be accompanied by an adult or older sibling.